Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I am back! I am sorry to say that the computer took a back seat in my life for a while. I will try to be better.

Things have changed a bit around our house. I guess being pregnant does that. At about week 17 I was put on semi-bedrest for having some sporadic contractions due to a low lying placenta. Nic took on the cleaning, lifting, laundry, etc. I continued to try to keep up with Elise as well as the cooking. We thought that I would be okay until a little over a week ago when I went in for having more contractions as well as lots of pressure. I was sent to the hospital for monitoring for a few hours. Lucky me, I get to be on full bed rest for the rest of my pregancy. I was dialating and contracting regularly. I am not very enthused about having to sit around for 3 months, but I am very grateful that it is not worse. I saw the doctor again yesterday with things just the same.

Our baby boy is doing great! His heartbeat is very strong along with all his limbs! I feel him kick and move constantly. We are so grateful that he is just fine. Now if I could get my body to act right we will be in business!!!!

Nic has been so good about the whole situation. He has taken full responsibity to care for Elise and all the household chores. We have some great friends that have also stepped in to help us. Carol, Nic's mom, came on Sunday which has been a huge help! Elise has been so good about Mom having to stay on the couch. She will bring me her toys and books so I can still play or read to her. Santa brought her a big pad of paper and crayons for Christmas which also keeps her busy. She has a wonderful time coloring!

Other than our baby adventures, nothing much else has changed. We are loving being in our new home. We live around some great people whom we have been able to become friends with. It is very nice to know that we are surrounded by such a wonderful group of people.

We hope that you are all doing well. We hope that you all had a great Holiday season that will last all year through... oh yah! Happy New Year!!

Enjoy each day-- you never know what the next day will bring! (We have learned this many times!)

Love you!!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kari, I love that yellow shirt!

Sherry said...

Very happy that you guys are doing well. I love the picture of Elise in a Christmas dress, what a doll :)